Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Flag Button Doesn't Appear

I have the flagging plugin installed and I can see it on the dashboard but the button for it doesn't appear on comments and threads for users to press. I am running 2.0.18.8 and I have tested with the default theme flagging version is Version 1.1.1.

Comments

• Just a hunch, but could you doublecheck the permissions? Maybe they aren't set yet.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @UnderDog said:
    Just a hunch, but could you doublecheck the permissions? Maybe they aren't set yet.

The 'notify' permission is checked on all roles.

• Gee, I wonder which other permissions you could doublecheck

• What other permissions, file permissions?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

under each role.

some plugins have permissions
    there is a permission in the plugin designation just below vanilla category.

go to roles and permissions -> the role you want to receive notificationsand look at the screen carefully.

then go to flagged content under forum. enable for the categories for the flags to appear.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    under each role.

some plugins have permissions
    there is a permission in the plugin designation just below vanilla category.

go to roles and permissions -> the role you want to receive notificationsand look at the screen carefully.

then go to flagged content under forum. enable for the categories for the flags to appear.

I don't really get what you mean?

• I don't really get that you don't really get what @peregrine means. Your solutions should be found in the 'roles' section AND in the 'permissions' section of your Administration panel. Until you've looked there, you will be stuck in the same situation and more helpers (peregrine, vrijvlinder, hgtonight, you name it) will lose interest in this thread.

• H00jH00j
    edited April 2013

Underdog, perhaps if you read my first post you will see I have enabled all the roles. And until you can be civil and helpful more users (me, you name it) will lose interest in this software.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@H00j

This plugin works fine for me on a fresh install of 2.0.18.8. I only have Flagging plugin version 1.1.0 however. Where did you get 1.1.1? Or is this a typo?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

Would like a link to see if I can find the elusive flag checkbox. ]:)
    This could also be a theme problem also, for example it can also be hiding under something. You should be able to see in firebug by inspecting elements in the vicinity and see if the html for the checkbox appears in the source.

You should look in the css and find

.Tabs .AdminCheck

span.AdminCheck

make sure they don't have display:none on them

< span class="AdminCheck" >< input type="checkbox" name="DiscussionID[]" value="18" >< /span >

And until you can be civil and helpful more users (me, you name it) will lose interest in this software.

Please know that UnderDog is the most civil and helpful and kind here. This software is successful on it's own and does not really need us to convince people to use. This software is available to people who enjoy tinkering with code and such. Running into issues is part of the appeal of do it yourself , resolving the issues gives great feeling of accomplishment.

This forum is made up of users like you. People are free to use it or not. We are here as volunteers to help in what we can. It is voluntary and depends on the one who asks questions to give an incentive to help, by being kind and grateful that someone takes the time to help.

I know it can be frustrating , but we also get frustrated trying to help and having a good attitude goes a long way in beating the frustration :)

( I need to follow that advice more consistently)

• Tried a fresh install, comes with 1.1.0 which works fine, no idea why i have a broke 1.1.1..

• Can you zip the 1.1.1 plugin and post it in this thread? Do you remember where you downloaded the 1.1.1 plugin?

• My Flag link is hid under the Admin Checkbox with the default Vanilla theme. Tried all kinds of CSS to move it, but nothing worked. If I hover just right I can click it. Is your checkbox covering it, or does the theme you have position it better?