Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Vanilla 2.6 is here! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2 with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.

Karma Bank - Feedback - Ideas

This discussion is related to the Karma Bank addon.
kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Feedback

To make the Thankful People plugin work with Karma, I just added around line 109 in /plugins/KarmaBank/default.php:

public function MetaMap(){
        $this->Meta=array(
            'CountVisits'=>'Counts every session vist',
            'CountComments'=>'Counts every time a member adds a comment',
            'CountDiscussions'=>'Counts every time a member adds a discussion or question (regardless of type)',
            'QnACountAccept'=>'(Requires Q&A plugin) Counts every time a member accepts an answer to their question',
            'QnACountAcceptance'=>'(Requires Q&A plugin) Counts every time a member has their answer to a question accepted  (excluding their own)',
            'ReceivedThankCount'=>'(Requires Thankful People plugin) Counts every time a member receives a thanks'
        );

That little ReceivedThankCount line seems to make it work with that plugin.

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

Why not make little plugin called ThankfulPeopleKarma?

if you use this hook

public function Base_KarmaBankMetaMap_Handler($Sender){
          $Sender->Meta['ReceivedThankCount'] = '(Requires Thankful People plugin) Counts every time a member receives a thanks';
    }

don't forget to require Karma Bank

grep is your friend.

kirkpa31hgtonight
  • kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

I suppose I could play around with making a plugin having never done it before. Thanks! You could also simply add this to your next update - would keep the clutter of plugins to a minimum I suppose.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

Actually I would most likely do the opposite. Move the meta hooks out of the core. it could be added to ThankfulPeople
    @S

grep is your friend.

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

Actually I would most likely do the opposite. Move the meta hooks out of the core. it could be added to ThankfulPeople@S

Right - I was looking throught the LikeThis plugin within /plugins/LikeThis/default.php and see:

public function KarmaBank_KarmaBankMetaMap_Handler($Sender){
            $Sender->AddMeta('ILiked','(Requires I Liked This plugin) Counts Everytime you liked someone elses post');
            $Sender->AddMeta('Liked','Counts Everytime someone likes one of your post');
        //    $Sender->AddOpperation('Value Change','Increment or Decrement on change','LikeThis::OperationDiffEquals');
        }

So your recommendation to put it within the Thankful People plugin would make the most sense