HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Karma Bank - Feedback - Ideas

kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Feedback

To make the Thankful People plugin work with Karma, I just added around line 109 in /plugins/KarmaBank/default.php:

public function MetaMap(){
        $this->Meta=array(
            'CountVisits'=>'Counts every session vist',
            'CountComments'=>'Counts every time a member adds a comment',
            'CountDiscussions'=>'Counts every time a member adds a discussion or question (regardless of type)',
            'QnACountAccept'=>'(Requires Q&A plugin) Counts every time a member accepts an answer to their question',
            'QnACountAcceptance'=>'(Requires Q&A plugin) Counts every time a member has their answer to a question accepted  (excluding their own)',
            'ReceivedThankCount'=>'(Requires Thankful People plugin) Counts every time a member receives a thanks'
        );

That little ReceivedThankCount line seems to make it work with that plugin.

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

Why not make little plugin called ThankfulPeopleKarma?

if you use this hook

public function Base_KarmaBankMetaMap_Handler($Sender){
          $Sender->Meta['ReceivedThankCount'] = '(Requires Thankful People plugin) Counts every time a member receives a thanks';
    }

don't forget to require Karma Bank

grep is your friend.

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

I suppose I could play around with making a plugin having never done it before. Thanks! You could also simply add this to your next update - would keep the clutter of plugins to a minimum I suppose.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

Actually I would most likely do the opposite. Move the meta hooks out of the core. it could be added to ThankfulPeople
    @S

grep is your friend.

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

Actually I would most likely do the opposite. Move the meta hooks out of the core. it could be added to ThankfulPeople@S

Right - I was looking throught the LikeThis plugin within /plugins/LikeThis/default.php and see:

public function KarmaBank_KarmaBankMetaMap_Handler($Sender){
            $Sender->AddMeta('ILiked','(Requires I Liked This plugin) Counts Everytime you liked someone elses post');
            $Sender->AddMeta('Liked','Counts Everytime someone likes one of your post');
        //    $Sender->AddOpperation('Value Change','Increment or Decrement on change','LikeThis::OperationDiffEquals');
        }

So your recommendation to put it within the Thankful People plugin would make the most sense