Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Replacing a Shutterfly group site with Vanilla

Looking for examples of this sort of application for Vanilla. Want to move off of Shutterfly for a school so would need to be able to provide an all site level of access, and then 1-2 layers below that (all parents in a specific grade, in a specific class). Can't tell from the site if Vanilla would be the platform to run a calendar or other aspects of a Shutterfly site, though. I have a photo sharing application in mind, but it doesn't have the forum and community tools built into it.

Comments

• Oh boy... What the hell is shutterfly?
    Think of Vanilla as a Forum. We have many many user levels, so that is no problem. We don't have a calendar, but we do have a picture gallery. You can turn that into a photo sharing website, just see if you can help the guys (and lady) from the picture gallery project.

The things you don't have can be created. It's just you that needs to do the creating. Or a custom developer.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

In my opinion, you could have a very nice shutterfly replacement application built on top of the Garden framework. This would require you to code a custom application.

Vanilla is the forum built on top of Garden. I would suggest your read the wiki on differences between different addons and how to build a basic application.

Welcome to the community!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Probably he is referring to this service http://www.shutterfly.com/share-photos/classroom-websites.jsp
    Demo site -> http://classroomsamplesite.shutterfly.com/

After downloading vanilla you have:

• a great community application

• roles creation and permission (1-level-student, 2-level-student, teacher, parent, etc)

• e.g. only parent can read and write in "Class problems"

• e.g. only 2-level members can read/write in "2-level homework" section

• static pages (plugin)

• galleries (plugin under development, you can contribute and suggest ideas)
    • free themes and custom payed theme from themers (if you can you can write your own)
    • members page (profile, photo, description, etc)
    • private message from one member to another
    • private discussion (you, me and who you want)
    • many and many

Obviously you can develop whatever you want if you can, otherwise you can pay a developer.
    Asking for help in this forum is free! :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

As one man said, if you belive you can do it do it!