Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email not received

Hello,

I have set in my settings "Outgoing Email" and now, I don't receive mails when I register or other notifications.

Hosting: GoDaddy.com

Email: support@moneytalkforum.org

SMPT HOST: smtpout.europe.secureserver.net

SMPT USER: support@moneytalkforum.org

SMTP Password: ********

SMTP Port: 25

SMTP Security: None

Config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'Money Talk Forum'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportAddress'] = 'support@moneytalkforum.org'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['UseSmtp'] = '1'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpHost'] = 'smtpout.europe.secureserver.net'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpUser'] = 'support@moneytalkforum.org'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPassword'] = '************'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort'] = '25'; $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpSecurity'] = ''; $Configuration['Garden']['Version'] = '2.0.18.8';

I added Definitions to "locale.php" with email text. It's right?**

Thank you for help and sorry for my english.

Comments

• Options
    lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

Nothing even in the spam folder?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

did you talk to the folks at

smtpout.europe.secureserver.net

to see if they are blocking you from using their smtp server.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

What does mean SMTP Security: TLS?

I will contact the support.

• Options

Ok what's the difference between local server and my own smtp server?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Local server uses your web host to send mail. Smtp is a separate server designed to handle mail.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@DogHam said:
    What does mean SMTP Security: TLS?

TLS and SSL are encryption methods to keep mail contents safe while in transit.

• Options

Ok I'm using the local server now and it's working. Don't know why but it's ok for now.