Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Looking For The Images Listing Script

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

no that is not what I mean, you can use any image you want I just took your avatar as an image to show you that you can add a background image to the image and cover the empty space, or use a white image to blank out the placeholder.

make a white image and use that , or add any other background image to the code I gave you. It does not have to be the avatar. It can be absolutely anything. But has to be something to hide that frame place holder.

you can't remove the placeholder. Only cover it with something

@digihub said:
    I wish peregrine can make the change and add another plugin. This will be the best plugin for Vanilla and all users.

Maybe if you help contribute some cash to the endeavor, he makes and has made so much and deserves to be paid for his efforts. None of his plugins are ever bad.

• I see what you mean. I just change it but there is still a white space there.

• Lets take a break and maybe we can find a better solution tomorrow. Hopefully, the people who see this can join this topic and provide better ideas. Thanks again vrijvlinder. We are getting closer.

• digihubdigihub New
    edited April 2013

@vrijvlinder said:
    Maybe if you help contribute some cash to the endeavor, he makes and has made so much and deserves to be paid for his efforts. None of his plugins are ever bad.

Oh just curious.. how much it cost to make a plugin like that?

edited April 2013

ok try this , it seems to get rid of the border, the height of the image must be height:auto

ul.Discussions li img.ProfilePhotoSmall {
    height: auto;
    width: 155px;
    float: left;
    margin-left: -170px!important;
    border: 0!important;
    border-radius: 255px 255px 255px 255px;
    background: url(http://funcookie.com/vf2/uploads/images/white.png)repeat 
    transparent!important;
    }

that works even without the border-radius, I just put that coz it's cool.... :)

• it doesn't solve the problem but this can be a good idea for my other project.

if you remove the border-radius it works too, I don't see the placeholder anymore.

@digihub said:
    Oh just curious.. how much it cost to make a plugin like that?

I would not know, but I am sure it is worth every penny. You should write to him and pledge a donation and he can decide if it is enough.

• Same with the white space after remove the border-radius. Sorry to said that madam.

edited April 2013

No I don't see the image border anymore. Maybe it has to do with pc browser, but I don't see it in firefox chrome and safari on the mac.

Can't think of anything else ....the space will always be there it has to be there because that image belongs to the discussion next to it. Since that discussion does not have an image, it will just keep the space. To fix it you either use a background to pretend there is an image, like I did above, or add an image to that discussion.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@digihub I made a little plugin for you. You can find it on my github. It isn't quite up to my standards for upload here, but it functions just fine. Let me know if you have any troubles.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight Thank you for taking time to make this plugin. I have downloaded and drop to my plugin folder, but it is not listed on the dashboard. My version is 2.0.18.8

edited April 2013

You need to place the CategoryImages folder in your /plugins folder. Please double check that it is not Category-Images.

I also added a zip file that is just the plugin folder. It might help. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Sorry it's my mistake. I have enabled it but seems nothing change.

• I have tried to disable the IndexPhotos and still the same.

@digihub did you read the readme? This isn't a very userfriendly plugin (hence me not releasing it yet). You need to place the images you want to use in the /plugins/CategoryImages/design/images folder. They have to be .pngs and just be named 1.png, 2.png, etc. The number is the categoryID number.

Search first

• I have followed your instructions and drop different images base on categoryID: 1.png, 2.png. I don't see any categoryID number so I added travel.png, travel-unitedstates-california-losangeles.png, travel-unitedstates-california-sanfrancisco.png. Somehow its still nothing change. Sorry if I make a mistake again.

edited April 2013

Don't feel bad, I didn't think this completely through. :D CategoryID isn't user viewable. Looking at the page source of http://funcookie.com/vf2/discussions I see category numbers 9, 10, 7.

Search first

• Ok I made the change but it looks strange.