Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Possible to embed Spotify links?

ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Howdy, I've got another question for you guys. Is it possible to embed Spotify music links in Vanilla? I know there's a plugin with SoundCloud support out there, so maybe that could be modified?

EDIT: Found some relevant information on the official Spotify website, if it helps.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Seems like it would be a straight forward module or addition to your default.master.tpl file

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Well, I'm not a coder so I'm not quite sure where to begin. Could you give me some more guidance?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Are you looking to change the song often?

If not, you could just copy the embed code on the site you linked and paste it into your /themes/TheThemeYouUse/views/default.master.tpl right after {asset name="Panel"}.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    edited May 2013

Sorry, it looks like I was a bit unclear in my post. I don't want to add a specific song to the sidebar (or anywhere else), I'm looking for an auto-embed solution whenever people post Spotify links. Much like how YouTube links currently work in 2.1.

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

have a look at js/global.js, my js knowledge isn't too advanced ; but I'm sure someone could find a fix for you

Tip Search for youtube in that file

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited May 2013

I can add Spotify support in my OEmbed plugin - the author of the jQuery plugin that powers my plugin has recently released a patch adding support for Spotify embeds (https://github.com/starfishmod/jquery-oembed-all/commit/b947242174415a30d83f826363ed4c413ae4c3a9)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

@kasperisager said:
    OEmbed now supports embedding Spotify links as of version 1.3

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/oembed-plugin Link for anyone who turns up here

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Is OEmbed compatible with 2.1b1?

EDIT: Awesome, that was quick! Thank you so much.

• Options

It works for single tracks, but not playlists. Any way to fix this? See screenshot below (playlist link vs single track):