Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category Accordion 0.1.4b

Hi,

Makes a nice Sliding Accordion out of root categories in the Categories Module .... which is very nice indeed BUT it only allows one category to slide at a time!

Is it possible to add some simple coding to make multiple categories slide out?

Comments

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

An accordion, per its very nature, only allows for one pane to be open at a time. Making simple sliding panes instead of a fully-fledged accordion is dead-simple though, so what you could do is write a simple script that does this and include it in either a plugin or in your theme.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2013

This addon utilizes a jQuery accordion library to provide the effect. It also adds CSS classes via js (end of file CategoryAccordion/js/accordion.js).

I am a little confused as to your request.

Do you just want to have expandable Categories?

Could you provide an image or mockup?

What version of Vanilla are you using?

EDIT

I cross-posted with @kasperisager.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I decided to play with jQuery. BEHOLD, the EXPANDABLE CATEGORIES plugin.

Hope this does what you wanted :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.