Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Custom Theme Plugin missing?

Vanilla Documentation » Features & Addons » Plugins » Custom Theme is supposed to be the feature to directly being able to edit HTML and CSS for the used theme in the Dashboard, but that plug-in is nowhere to be found.

What happened to it?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2013

That feature refers to being able to create your own themes.

You can view examples of themes others have created in the addons repository.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited May 2013

"Custom Theme" is in fact a plugin - it's currently only available to clients on the hosted plan though so you won't find it in the addons directory I'm afraid.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

Very strange, but well, no problem to edit those files in another way.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@MasterOne

Why 'strange'?

Vanilla offer a hosted service, paid for, which that plugin is part of, and a free download of the software if you are prepared to host and maintain it yourself.

Obviously, not everything on the paid for service is available for free.

As you say, it is very easy to create and edit custom themes.

There are a lot of threads on it here, and there is also information on the Vanilla Wiki pages.

• Options

"Strange" as in Vanilla hosted service doing their own plug-ins and not releasing them to the community (that particular plug-in shouldn't be something special).

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

@MasterOne said:
    "Strange" as in Vanilla hosted service doing their own plug-ins and not releasing them to the community
    (that particular plug-in shouldn't be something special).

Then what would be the difference from the paid model? If all the features that were there, were available on the open source model; the business model would be obsolete.The features of a plugin like this are often on paid models, as a way to customize without ftp access

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

No need to argue, just my thoughts, as that plug-in is listed at Vanilla Documentation » Features & Addons » Plugins.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I agree that it is odd to list the plugin in the Vanillaforums.org documentation if it is only available on the vanillaforums.com hosted version.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.