Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Database Error Upon Installing in with wordpress database

markjoeymarkjoey New
edited May 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, I am trying to install vanilla forums on my wordpress site, http://seemynewwebsite.com/g2bm/forum

I want it to use the same database of my wordpress, i'm sure with my database details, but unfortunately, I got this error?

Failed to connect to the database with the username and password you entered. Did you mistype them? The database reported:
SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'bnnich_wrdp127 '@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Am I missing something, newbie here. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2013

What version of Vanilla are you trying to install? 2.0.18.8

Were you able to install Vanilla at all? No

If so, I would double check the connection details in /conf/config.php near the top. You should see something like:

// Database
    $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 'vanilla';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost';
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 'root';
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = 'password';

With the proper credentials filled in.

EDIT - It seems like your link answered my first 2 questions, sorry about that :D

Double check you are typing in the proper credentials (remember that case usually matters).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Now working, thanks I typed the password manually rather than copying it from wpconfig and now its working. :)

• Options

How can I mark this as resolved?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Only certain categories can be marked resolved. If it can be marked as answered, hovering over a post should bring up some options.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.