Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can the full editor be used to edit comments?

When editing a comment, it's a simple text box without Button Bar, Emotify and FileUpload.

Is it possible to use the full editor used when leaving a comment or creating a new discussion for editing comments as well?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Which version of Vanilla are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight

2.1b1 (but afaik it was the same behavior with 2.0.18.8)

edited May 2013

On 2.1b1, I get the full editor (ButtonBar + FileUpload) on a new discussion. I get the "complete" editor on new comment forms (ButtonBar + FileUpload + Emotify).

Emotify will require an easy change to get put on to the new discussion page. /plugins/Emotify/js/emotify.js line 100:

emotify($('.CommentForm .TextBox'));
      to
    emotify($('.CommentForm .TextBox, .DiscussionForm .TextBox'));

To get FileUpload and ButtonBar loaded on the edit comment form will require a little more work. You will have to make an override for the editcomment override. Create an empty file at /themes/YourEnabledTheme/views/post/editcomment.php and paste the following: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QYyexH3S.

I just took the original editcomment.php from /applications/vanilla/views/post and added the two events that FileUpload and ButtonBar rely on. I figured this out by inspecting the event handlers in fileupload and buttonbar.

I tested this out on a 2.1b1 install.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2013

@hgtonight

Can I just say what a boon you are to this community.

I learn something almost every time you post a reply.

Bravo! Magnifico!

• @hgtonight

Honestly, you are awesome! Working like a charm :)

• This seems pretty simple. Is there anything similar for 2.0.18.8?

@tom762 FileUpload, Emotify, and ButtonBar work out of the box on my fresh 2.0.18.8 install on New Discussion, New Comment, Edit Comment, and Edit Discussion.

Search first

• Sorry, what I was thinking was getting FileUpload, Emotify, and ButtonBar to message sending form.

• That's exactly what I am looking for in this discussion, but I had no time to further investigate. Maybe I should just try with Wysihtml5, but my forum users already are accustomed to the default editor with ButtonBar + Markdown + Emotivy + FileUpload.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2013

make a new discussion if you asking a different question.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    make a new discussion if you asking a different question.

There is already a new discussion for that matter mystically cloaked under the "this" before "discussion", which is a link to http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23837/markdown-attachments-emoticons-in-messages-and-activity

;)

BTW The color for links in this forum is not set up optimally, maybe I shouldn't use links that way.

@MasterOne said:
    BTW The color for links in this forum is not set up optimally, maybe I shouldn't use links that way.

This is a constant source of pain for me. :(

I like pretty links but feel they don't contrast enough with the body text.

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    I like pretty links but feel they don't contrast enough with the body text.

That's one for @Lincoln

There was an error rendering this rich post.