Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

JSON-SSO Not working

Hi, why my SSO is not working, I already signed-in in my wordpress site but the vanilla forum is still asking me to login

I think I followed the instructions correctly, here's my settings

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2013

due to the way wordpress is developed sometime hooks are not reached, becuase themes don't implement them properly. There may different way themes are implemented it isn't always consistent.

That is why you may have better luck with
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-vanilla-connect/

as this provides a direct script for authentication, rather than relying on hooks.

in an ideal world it could all go through the framework, but with a direct script you don't have to work about the framework not delivering.

You can use the two plugins together btw.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks for the reply, I used the wp-vanilla-connect but nothing changes. This is my first time to use the vanilla forum, that's why I'm not sure how JSON-SSO should work. I thought once the user registers on my wordpress site, the user will be automatically registered on my vanilla forum. Single-Sign-On I also thought that once my user log-in to my wordpress, the user will be automatically logged-in on my vanilla forum without signing in again, but this is what happened after I logged In to my wordpress site.

Correct me if I'm wrong with my expectation.

• Options

never mind, now done... I deactivated some plugins and for some reason, it works.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Could you detail what plugin you deactivated and/or your current setup?

This will be helpful to other people with the same issue. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.