Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

list of discussion code wordpress

Hi, How can I add discussions on my wordpress template without using the widget.

What I want are.
Show list of discussions, sort by most recent, 5 per page (with pagination), no headings - no buttons.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Need help here, been trying to do this for two days, but still no luck.

• Options

You are asking people to do development for you for nothing, whilst you telling your client you can do this stuff. Not really great...

I suggest you use what is available, such as Restful API, or Embed API.

it is up to you to make it happen.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Sorry if it sounds like that, but that's not what I mean, I'm just asking if its possible, or there's already a code that do the same thing. If none, then so be it, Im good with the possibility that it can be done or a tip of how to do it. I already searched but I'm unsuccessful. Anyway.. thanks.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2013

well many pages if it a public then you can take the url and get a json object. Like so

http://vanillaforums.org/discussions.json/

You could add get discussion list with some javascript/jquery, insert and style as appropriate.

You might also wan to check out

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/api-application

if you want to do something a bit more involved.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

You are asking people to do development for you for nothing, whilst you telling your client you can do this stuff. Not really great...

a bit off-topic - but related to reply.

Re: posting questions on "how-to-do"
    It would be interesting how many people on this forum are developing (a "developer joe") for client, versus the "average joe" just trying to set up their own forum.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@markjoey You might be interested in the pertinent wiki page.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.