HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Feedback for plugin

2»

Comments

• Options

What would be the best method for changing the word 'Comments' to 'Replies' without breaking anything?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Stats Box uses local definitions. Place $Definition['Comments'] = 'Replies'; in your /conf/locale.php file. You can learn more about definitions on the wiki.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@htonight thanks, worked great also checked out the wiki link you suggested. Know where to go and what to do now for those types of questions. Thanks.

• Options

Are they going to update this sweet plugin for maximum compatibility with Vanilla 2.1b2?

• Options

@Favio, it works with Vanilla 2.1+ as confirmed in a document by @hgtonight which can be found at http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/192886/#Comment_192886

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

@Shadowdare Hi, I know it works with 2.1b2... look, my English isn't the best so I'm going to try to explain myself with this screenshot. Maybe I'm being too picky but anyway heres the pic

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You need to get that to work with your theme by editing the css file for the plugin and or the css file for your theme.

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

@Favio, I see what you meant when you asked about "maximum compatibility" now thanks to your screenshot because the question didn't say anything about redundant text.

You can hide the normal views, comment counts, and fix the new comments position with CSS rules in your theme like @vrijvlinder said.

As an alternative, there's a table discussions view which provides similar functionality since Vanilla 2.1. Have you tried the table discussions view found in the "Homepage" settings page in the dashboard?

• Options

@Shadowdare @vrijvlinder thanks for replying. Unfortunately I don't know anything about css, php etcterea, I think I made a mistake choosing my career because I'd love to do stuff like this.

@Shadowdare said:
    As an alternative, there's a table discussions view which provides similar functionality since Vanilla 2.1. Have you tried the table discussions view found in the "Homepage" settings page in the dashboard?

I didn't knew about this feature, will try.

Thanks again for replying.

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013

@Favio, no problem. Let us know if the table discussions view works out for you.

Also, welcome to the community! For all new members, here is a link to the forum etiquette.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Favio and others: with the new layouts feature in 2.1, using the table layout for discussions negates the usage of this plugin (excepting the follows stat). 2.1 It is impossible to insert the follow stat in as a table column cleanly (would have resort to some ugly JS to to do it) via a plugin. You could add it via a custom view pretty easily, but this is beyond the scope of this plugin.

This plugin will only work in 2.1+ if the modern discussion and mixed category layouts are used.

The good news is I did update the styles to work out of the box with all base themes on 2.0 and 2.1 branches. I also updated it with a proper locale file and did some general housekeeping. Feel free to try 1.5, available now!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight Hi, it seems that new comments alert (the little yellow rectangle) isn't working or maybe you disabled this feature?

thanks for updating the plugin.