Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Bulk editing of users possible?

I just found out that I have tens of users in cofirm email status. Most of them are spambots.
I now I can remove them through the users page, but doing so one at a time is a lot of work.
Is there a way to select multiple users at a time and remove them?

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@ragdoll

Take a look at this plugin by @peregrine

It will probably do what you are looking for.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You can select all the applicants (/dashboard/user/applicants) by clicking on the table heading Action (right above the column of checkboxes).

Then scroll to the bottom and select 'Decline'.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@whu606 Probably a link is missing.
    @hgtonight if I go to the applicants page it's empty. By the way, how do I get there from the dasboard (without having the url).

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

IIRC the applicants link only shows up if there are new applicants.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2013

@ragdoll

Sorry, the link was in 'this' but it's not that easy to see.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/cleanser-plugin

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@whu606 said:

for what it's worth I would prefer people just post the links straight out. But obviously the poster chooses to do what they want.

-advantages of posting link versus anchor description

• easier to cut and paste for future use
    • you don't have to hover or click to see where you are going to go.

@hgtonight also uses the pretty technique, but as was mentioned in othr discussions - links presented this way are not always intuitive since no underlining of link. Maybe some day the css will be changed on this forum to make it easier to see links with single or double underline, but even so I prefer straight out links for reasons mentioned above.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@whu606 said:
    ragdoll

Oh man, what a shame!
    I swear that the color of the link for me was almost the same as the text.