Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Activating Plugins

Hey Guys,

I'm having some issues with activating plugins that I've installed on my server. I've dragged the unzipped files to the plugins folder and wait until the plugin shows up on the plugins page. I click activate and it refreshes the page and the plugin is still inactive. Has anyone else run into this problem that they could help me out?

Thanks,
Brandon

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

either it can't write to the config file or there will be a warning displayed at the top of the page.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I click activate and it refreshes the page and the plugin is still inactive. Has anyone else run into this problem that they could help me out?

Yes, it can happen when the specific plugin you are trying to enable is broken in both vanilla 2.0 and 2.1.

But your question is so vague and since you provided so little details, as to version and specific plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.