Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing User-Group after a certain time

Hi, first of all, please, excuse me for my english.

What I'm trying to do is to change the permissions of my users after a certain time since they registered on my forum.

For example:

12:00
*Fulanito registers. Fulanito is a Newbie (role)

AN HOUR LATER# 13:00

*Fulanito is now a User (role)

I have been looking for plugins but I haven't found any that does this kind of thing. Also, I don't think it's so complicated so maybe someone could like to develop it himself because he wants to implement it to his forum, if that's your case, please, let me know if I can have/buy it.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

How much would you publicly pledge (contribute to me via paypal) on this thread for development? (Don't ask me how much i will charge).

I might do it for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2013

I will pledge $10 to get the ball rolling.

I know it will cost much more to develop it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I don't know, if I'm going to pay I would like to get a more complex service, but 10$ looks like a fair price for the plugin.

I'm working in different projects right now and I've abandoned my forums for a while (that's the reason why I didn't answer in a long time). I think I'll wait until August or July to decide if I keep on with my forums, I hope your offerts don't go down til then :D

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

@ericruiz said:
    I don't know, if I'm going to pay I would like to get a more complex service, but 10$ looks like a fair price for the plugin.

I'm working in different projects right now and I've abandoned my forums for a while (that's the reason why I didn't answer in a long time). I think I'll wait until August or July to decide if I keep on with my forums, I hope your offerts don't go down til then :D

@ericruiz

Your response was kind of what I expected. Look for the plugin in early 2020.

A one-off plugin that you want to buy but don't know if your going to pay for or use, and you've requested and designed specificiations that are not as complex as you really want. lol.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@ericruiz said:

Paying such amount hardly gives anyone the right to demand more than a couple of minutes of work. To give a reference, I think that the average rate of Vanilla Developers on this site is about $60/hour, if not more. Even if the rate were $10/hour (which is less than what burger flippers earn, in many Countries), $10 would just buy an hour of work, insufficient to develop almost anything. It may be a "tip", like @peregrine writes in his signature, but surely not a proper budget for any custom software, no matter the complexity.