HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing username produces "Page Not Found" error

Hi, I logged in to our forum with my Google account and then went to change my username, and after changing it I was sent to the profile page for my old username, which was a "Page Not Found" error page (since that page didn't exist anymore)

I.e. /profile/oldusername, when it should have taken me to /profile/newusername

Is this a bug?

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

who knows - could be fixed. Are you using Vanilla version 1.00000890, or are you using the most "recent" version, or are you using the "latest version", or the next to last version of vanilla? :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I fixed this issue.

I think I even wrote a patch for it.

I can't find it atm. D:

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hi, we're using version 2 according to the readme.html file, and we downloaded it about a week ago

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I found it!

It was not a proper pull request, so it took me a while. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.