Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can only upload images and no hotlinking

Hello,

I am new user. Love the CMS, so far so good. I just have a question regarding uploading files. I want my users to only upload images and not hotlink them from other websites. How do i remove the "image" option in the editor?

Take a look at the image below.

Thanks,
Gowtham

Comments

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

If you want to maintain the use of it but hide the option you could add this to your theme's custom.css file

.ButtonBar .ButtonBarImage {
           display:none !important;
     }

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Thanks for the help. I will try it out. Also one more thing i noticed is that, after uploading pictures, we don't get to add image alt tag or title to the images. The discussions in my forum will be centered around the images uploaded and also adding title and alt tags to images will drive more traffic.

Is there any way I can do it. Like how when we upload something to Wordpress, you will get these options to add alt-tag, title etc.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Are you just using button bar? What formatter are you using?

This seems like something you could add via JS pretty easily. Or just ask your users to put it in there.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.