Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Tag cloud to click and choose

When we are adding tags to a new discussion in Vanilla, tags will appear as one types. Is there any way that I could make the tags available, to be displayed under the tags field, so that people can simply click on it to add them.

In my forum, there are only a limited number of tags, 5 to 10. So it will be easy for users just to click them and they will not forget to add any necessary tags.

Thanks

Comments

• mega6382mega6382 Ultimate Programmer ✭✭

You mean to say is the tags should automatically appear related to the content.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

This is essentially a different front end to the tagging process. Are you familiar with php at all?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @mega6382 When we create a discussion, we will need to enter tags in the end. What I need is, people don't have to enter anything in the tags field, instead, all the tags in the forum should be displayed as a list or cloud under the field so they could just click the appropriate tags to add them to their discussion.

@hgtonight
    I'm a noob, I understand php to some extent, but I get most of my programming help from a buddy who is real pro. So if you have any suggestions of show how its done, I can delegate it to him :)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Suggested steps:

1. Learn basics of PHP and JS
    2. Read the plugin quickstart guide on the wiki
    3. Read the tagging plugin source code
    4. Clone the tagging plugin and start modifying!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.