Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Order of Posts/announcements.

Hi again,

I was wondering if there's a way to keep specific Annoucements (which I understand is the equal to a sticky post) at the top of a category?
Seems to arrange the most recent posts first, which is what I want it to do for most categories, however where I'm posting details to voip servers, etc I would prefer that to stay at the top.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@krs360

This is a feature in Vanilla 2.1 (currently in Beta).

I guess you are using 2.0.

A code guru may have done it for 2.0, or know how to.

• Options

Hello again @whu606

It's whatever version comes through Softalicious - installed through shared hosting, if necessary I could move it to a VPS server and load the latest version.

Yep, it's Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited June 2013

Welcome to the community!

It appears both 2.0.18.8 and 2.1b1 order announcements by the date of the last comment. It does not appear to take any event arguments in to consideration when ordering.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@krs360

2.1 isn't signed off for production, but if you don't mind being part of Beta testing it would solve that issue for you, as you get the option to announce in a specific category, or both the category and the main page.

As long as you can ftp files to your shared server and create a MySQL db, you could install Vanilla 2.1 there without having to change.