Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

a little retouch to profile

remziremzi
edited June 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

i need to erase this area from the users profile page, i just need that empty area, could anyone show me the spesific lines in php folders for doing that

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Are you planning on putting something else there?

Put this in your custom.css file.

.Profile .Tabs, .Profile .DataList {
      display: none;
    }

Not sure where that is? Read the quickstart guide on the wiki.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is a paraphrased PM I received.

@remzi said:
    do you know ask.fm? i m trying to do this kind of site using a external commentbox and vanilla script, i prefered vanilla because it is very ight and not complex ... in users own profile (in my profile) every is ok, everythings seems dissapeared but when i visit others profile a textbox seems still remaining

Update your css selectors to include the class of the form box.

.Profile .Tabs, .Profile .DataList, .Profile form.Activity {
      display: none;
    }

That said, it seems you are trying to recreate functionality that already exists in Vanilla. You could use the existing ability to comment on activity or create comments on others activity page.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

vow it works.. and about the existing comment system, yes i thought it but, you know, guest should leave comments without registration, anonymously... i also know anonymouse plugin, but it doesnt work on profiles