Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I edit e-mail messages?

How do I easily edit which e-mail messages are being sent through my set-up of Vanilla forums [www.toneelgroepantwerpen.be]?

Specifically, I mean the e-mail when a new member is invited, I would love to change it into a simple Dutch message.

I can't manage to find a plug-in to do it, nor can I find the text anywhere in my set-up. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

I believe you are looking for locale definitions for email.

In /applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/definitions.php you will find some default translation strings. Copy the definitions you want to change and place them in /conf/locale.php. Then change to your heart's desire!

Some definitions have variable placeholders. The email invite definition is $Definition['EmailInvitation'] and has %1$s, %2$s, %3$s. %1$s represents the person inviting, %2$s is the name of the forums, and %3$s is the registration Url. Be sure to include %3$s in your new definition.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

What you said works in Version 2.0.18.8 (which I'm running), couldn't find it anywhere myself! Thanks a bunch, you're my hero!

• Options

One more quick question, where can I find the invitation-subject, now it says: [site-title]: Invitation, I would love to be able to change that as well!

Again thanks a million!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

$Definition['[%s] Invitation'] = 'You are invited to the very elite and luxurious %s!'; where %s is your forum title.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Again: You're amazing! Thanks so much!

• Options

@RobertoStrife said:
    Again: You're amazing! Thanks so much!

and awesome. all you do is click on the awesome on hgtonight's posts. thats why they have reactions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.