Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theme preview is not flexible?

If I am not mistaken, the theme was claimed to be flexible which again if I am not mistaken, it's mean the the theme will adapt to screen res?

When I choose to preview the theme, the profile page is broken. Activity is shown in the bottom of the sidebar.
some extra text on post view ( under user's avatar ) seems not being wrapped. can it be fixed?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Does it work ok when you just activate it (rather than preview it)?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Heya,

By flexible, designers mean that it will adapt to different desktop screen sizes. So, it will work flawlessly with 15", 17" and larger size monitors.

Its not responsive, which means it won't fit to pads and mobiles.

Please don't choose to preview theme. Its a great theme, you don't need to preview it; Just apply it directly. I am sure you wont be disappointed.

In any case, if something happens or the theme breaks then we are always here to help you :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• gdsstgdsst New
    edited July 2013

Hi,

As I said before, some text is under the post buble

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/6582/9g2b.jpg

Profile page is broken on approx 800+ x 600+ px view. On 1280 x 1024 fullscreen is good though,
    http://imageshack.us/a/img153/9268/sa69.jpg

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited July 2013

@hgtonight said:
    Does it work ok when you just activate it (rather than preview it)?

Plus test it on FireFox AND Chrome please

Hey @gdsst,

I am sorry.

But you see, that text KarmaAdministor is larger than any normal word. Now since, I have given fixed space for user information, this will inevitably happen.

If you want, I can increase that space, but then it wont look good on profiles who do not have KarmaAdministor under them.

I would suggest shorten KarmaAdministor word or at least break it so it comes in new line.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

to make words break if the space is too small

white-space:pre-wrap

• @UnderDog said:
    Plus test it on FireFox AND Chrome please

I have tested it on Chrome and Firefox ( theme is activated )
    the same problem still there
    http://imageshack.us/a/img153/9268/sa69.jpg

Did you tried @vrijvlinder's trick?

Does the problem persists only for profiles page or for all the pages?

I know what the problem is I encountered this with my Dark embed friendly theme on the profile page , that it pushed the content down. My solution was to change the width of the panel to 240px and float:right!important on the content.

Also if you want to make the theme flexible all you do is change the width values to percentages.Example:

#Content{
    width:64%;
    }
    #Panel{
    width:20%;
    }
    logo{
    width:100%;
    }

percentages makes it get as wide as you want and as narrow as you want without distorting the content. You need to tweak everything this way so it becomes elastic. Using floats is important because you want the stuff to stretch and shrink so it need to be static on one or the other side.

For the profile section -

Change this like in custom.css > body.Profile #Content -

width: auto;

or use updated theme.

I think this bellow will work, width:auto still gets content pushed down :(

body.Profile #Content {
    float: right;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    margin-top: 20px;
    width: 680px;
    margin-right: 200px;
    }

• sorry for a terribly late reply, too busy with my work
    I will try the fix later, thanks