HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where can i find the standard en-Ca localization?

hi,

i need to change some text in the basic en-Ca localization that delivers with vanilla right from start. since there is no localization folder under "locales", where are the files? i dont want to go in hard code to change the texts.

would it work to add a locale folder to "overwrite" the en-Ca settings?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There is one under applications/vanilla/locale. You might find the string you're looking for there.

I'd recommend using a text editor with subfolder search capabilities so that you can easily find out where your string is located.
    And if you do not want to install anything just for this one usage, you can also try the github search. You can search "This repository". I've used this a lot!

• thanks. but in that folder is only a definitions.php with

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

• found it.

applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA

• thats a good point. thanks. did it and worked

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Remember that you can put locale specific tweaks in your /conf folder. E.g. the definitions in /conf/locale-en-CA.php will only override the definitions when en-CA is your locale.

You can also put locale independent tweaks in your /conf/locale.php file. These will be applied regardless of the currently selected locale.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.