Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need help with some very basic guidelines

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

When looking at existing plugins, I see very different standards.

1. some people named the main plugin file default.php others name it class.pluginname.plugin.php
  2. locales are sometimes subfolders with a definition.php in it and sometimes they are simple language.php files

So what is the current recommendation?

And another question:
I've never thought about licenses, because I do not care who is doing what with my code. In fact my biggest concern is that my license keeps someone from doing whatever he wants with the code. Shall I ommit the license info in plugins? Or do you recommend one special license?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    1. Either is completely fine. I use class.pluginname.plugin.php just for ease of use when copying (I know what the file is without opening it).
    2. As far as I can tell, locales don't really need to be named anything. I would definitely suggest putting them in /locale/definition.php file. I would like some clarification on this as well.
    3. Even if you want people to do what ever they want, specify your license. GPLv2 aims to require all distributed derivatives open as well. BSD is more commercial friendly. Make it a restrictive license if that is your bag. Specifying your license removes the ambiguity.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.