Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Facebook login asking for another password

When a user signs in with his facebook account, the user is asked again to fill in his password.

He has never registered in the forum before, and suddenly he's asked for a password.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Stuck up with the same thing for 2 days and frustrated now.. Exactly the same issue you have come across @Arabia. Adding to that , I am facing this issue with Google Signin as well.. Can anyone please come up with a solution. I read everywhere that the plugin should be supported by the version of vanilla.. But I dont find any documentation nor do I find a plugin for my version of vanilla (2.0.18.2). Facebook Plugin version is 1.1 and Google Signin version is 1.1 ... Any help would be a lot appreciated .. @todd @adriansonline @hgtonight

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Arabia I have not encountered this.

@varun You need to update your version of Vanilla for security reasons.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Hi @todd ,

Need help to fix some of the major issues I have been facing with vanilla and social plugins.

1. This account was created since I was not able to login to the account I created few days ago i.e. @varun. When I try to login "Error 503 Service Unavailable" pops up. Could you please let me know what's wrong with the previous account as I cannot check my mail with this one.

2. Facebook login issue never seems to get solved. The above two changes mentioned by you were done on the file forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php. However these changes have not helped fixing the issue. Please correct me if I have done something wrong with these fixes.

3. Facebook Connect acts really strange and I am not able to figure out what the issue could be. I created two facebook profiles , say Profile A and Profile B. I tried to login yesterday evening and was able to login to Profile A and not to Profile B ( UniqueID required error ). Tried logging into Profile A this morning and was unsuccessful ( UniqueID error ) , but was successful with Profile B ( Strange since it worked vice-versa last evening ). Now, when I try to login both the profiles are throwing up UniqueID Required error. This issue has got me stoned . Could you please help me get this fixed once and for all. @hgtonight @adriansonline

Regards,
    Varun

• Options

I am hoping to get some answers guys.. Please help. Cheers

• Options
    vrooom4vrooom4 New
    edited July 2013

anyone .. someone .. ??? :(

• Options

It is not really helpful to put a vague statement similes or no smilies.

You would think people have been around the internet long enough to realise that isn't for serious discussions.

if you want help, fist make sure you are on topic, then post the specifics.

It is real drag for people volunteering these 'please help!' non-descriptive posts.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Pardon me @x00 , But I have been checking out this thread for over a week now and this is highly irresponsible of you to have just blabbered something instead of answering the question that has been asked. Vanilla forum seems to have a lot of issues with regard to social network and there does not seems to be any proper documentation. Anyways since you have asked I 'll put down the query again and hope you could answer. And I am very serious about this. I have disabled facebook plugin unable to find a fix and it remains disabled for over a week now.

Need help to fix some of the major issues I have been facing with vanilla and social plugins.

This account was created since I was not able to login to the account I created few days ago i.e. @varun. When I try to login "Error 503 Service Unavailable" pops up. Could you please let me know what's wrong with the previous account as I cannot check my mail with this one.

Facebook login issue never seems to get solved. The above two changes mentioned by you were done on the file forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php. However these changes have not helped fixing the issue. Please correct me if I have done something wrong with these fixes.

Facebook Connect acts really strange and I am not able to figure out what the issue could be. I created two facebook profiles , say Profile A and Profile B. I tried to login yesterday evening and was able to login to Profile A and not to Profile B ( UniqueID required error ). Tried logging into Profile A this morning and was unsuccessful ( UniqueID error ) , but was successful with Profile B ( Strange since it worked vice-versa last evening ). Now, when I try to login both the profiles are throwing up UniqueID Required error. This issue has got me stoned . Could you please help me get this fixed once and for all.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2013

this is highly irresponsible of you to have just blabbered something instead of answering the question that has been asked

what question? you had not asked a question. If you post under a different unsername (I presume), and not clarify what your problem is, what do you expect?

Also seriously 'irresponsible'? You make it sound like it is something life threatening. Also when you have answered some questions maybe you can comment on community support.

Volunteers are not irresponsible, this is a an advice forum, it is not a free consultancy forum.

You have clearly shown you are capable of speaking clearly and explaining yourself, so why didn't you do that in the first place?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Facebook login issue never seems to get solved. The above two changes mentioned by you were done on the file forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php. However these changes have not helped fixing the issue. Please correct me if I have done something wrong with these fixes.

Don't change the core, replace that file to the original.

You need to pick one of the two. I suggest Garden.Registration.AutoConnect

You should place

$Configoruration['Garden']['Registration']['AutoConnect'] = TRUE;

in conf/config.php

grep is your friend.

• Options

"what question? you had not asked a question. If you post under a different unsername (I presume), and not clarify what your problem is, what do you expect?"

I find it amazing that you just noticed "Please help" , while one could obviously (firstly) check the query that has been posted (nicely formatted and written with points clearly explaining the issue) and take out your precious time to just reply to "please help" ??? Does it really makes good sense to you to comment on a "Please help" when the question remains unanswered , probably to many of us using vanilla forum fiddling around the same issue ?

I have been checking this thread out over a week (every single day) now to finally having someone said something which was unrelated to the query ( !!! ). However , Apologies on making a serious comment.

And the answer told by you (@x00) does seem to have finally fixed the issue. I thank you immensely for this. Testing is being carried out with different accounts. If this solves the problem I will post here soon. Thanks. Cheers

• Options

Issue still persists .. Unique Id required error !! I am not sure if I am missing something here. Have checked for white spaces , have upgraded the versions , have done the change as instructed by you .. But still its throwing up the same error.

Whats even more strange and out of logic is that , facebook allows me to signin with one account and does not allow with another. Checked with a tester and he too experienced the same . He could login using his personal account and could not using another one. Any idea whats goin on here ?

• Options

@vrooom4 if you post a comment with no content, people don't know what you are referring to, that is all.

As there are several problem discussed here it is best to be specific.

However let's move on.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2013

post your vanilla version and the version of Facebook Connect you are using.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Vanilla - v2.0.18.2 & Facebook Connect - v1.0.1 .. Will upgrading Facebook to its latest version help ? If so where can I find the latest version ?

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2013

First you need to update you version of vanilla for security reasons to 2.0.18.8, remember to backup.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrooom4vrooom4 New
    edited August 2013

Hi @x00,

Its been quite a long time. Been stuck with some other work.

I just tried to upgrade to latest version of vanilla and in the process of doing it have come across another issue regarding php version. Not sure if there is a workaround for this one. Please let me know.

While I try to export my old database using the vanilla2export.php , error mentioned below displayed just on the load of the page (vanilla2export.php).

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /////htdocs/mysite/uploads/vanilla2export.php on line 3497"

The php version on the server is 5.2.17 and I guess the export tool needs php 5.3+ ? Please let me know if there is a workaround as I cannot install a newer version of PHP on my server as of now ? Also just want to know if I can use the old vanilla2export.php file which was used an year ago. Thanks.

Regards,
    Varun

• Options

you don't need to use the exporter at all to upgrade.

grep is your friend.

• Options

really ? How else do I import the old database into the new one ?

• Options

you don't need to touch the data. read the documentation on how to update. I would however make a mysql dump just in case.

there is very little difference between your version only security fixes, which concerns files not the database.

grep is your friend.