Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Asking Questions in Addon Area?

Someone suggested I ask Addon-specific questions by going to the Addon page & clicking on Ask a Question below the Download box.
I am here now but see nothing on this page that indicates it is ForceRedirect Addon-specific.
I had added "forceredirect" to the Tags list in my New Discussion post.
WDYT?
BTW1: The initial question was answered - I had left-out two apostrophes in the array. Sigh.
BTW2: I'm still looking for the Donate button as the one I tried from Dashboard is broken.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It gets tagged automatically with the plugin name and a notice appears above the question

"This discussion is related to the ForceRedirect add on."

And it notifies the author of the plugin

• Options

OK, it just seems to add steps ...
    Can't a script read the content of Tags in order to notify the developer and to copy and/or transfer the question to the specific Addon area?
    That way the questioner can go to just one place with all questions.
    One is often already confused (else they'd not be asking) and may be trying to keep their challenge clear in their head - the fewer Forum-steps added the more user-friendly the interface.
    The Forum would need to force the person with the question to specify one of more relevant tags.
    WDYT?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It is just a way to make questions more specific.

If you go to the force redirect addon page, all questions that were asked that way show up on that page.

I definitely think the link could use some visual enhancement.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

All discussions or questions about a plugin or theme that are made from the plugin or theme page appear under the plugin info in the plugin page . Keeps them together so when you visit the plugin page you can see all the discussions about it.

That is the biggest benefit. It helps others to find answers more quickly

• Options

I'm too code-challenged to offer to do it but it seems relatively trivial to grab the tag and point it to the addon and accomplish all that leaving the general Vanilla forum discussion support to go to the addon-specific page does.
    Also, is it not true that a support question may span more than one addon?
    In that case which does one choose?
    Guess which addon is most involved?
    If the tag-addon was managed by a script (as described above) then all involved addons would be notified.
    Just thinking aloud ... it's what I do ... :-)

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The addon application is actually open sourced as well and is available on github for forking.

https://github.com/vanillaforums/VanillaAddonsApp

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.