Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion notice email to deleted entry?

Nothing spotted in existing Forum Community threads ...

I just received a bounced email message - generated as the result of the Forum sending a Discussion notification to:
user_22@deleted.email:

Why would it do that, please?

Vanilla: Version 2.0.18.8

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The @deleted.email is the email put in place by Vanilla when it removes a user.

It shouldn't be trying to send it, methinks.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• There was verbiage at the delete stage re. what to do - one was to retain a marker & another was complete removal with no marker - I chose complete removal.

Is this a bug or something I can fix?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

If you used "complete removal". One would think you could remove the user #22 from the user table and be done with it via phpmyadmin.

it may be a bug, it may not be. Maybe because you have advanced notifications - which is not working absolutely correctly as evidenced in numerous discussions in the forum

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• User #22 does not show up in the Dashboard - User listing.

Is there some other place I need to look for it, please?

OK re. Advanced Notifications needing work.

Perhaps once I get 2.1 installed and working some of these anomalies will resolve.

You OK with my idea to build on a different domain rather than try to overwrite the existing forum?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

in the user table - get acquainted with phpmyadmin.

I didn't tell you to overwrite existing forum (pronto),
    I just provided you with links that explicitly showed you how to make a copy of your forum, and the mishaps that can happen if you don't pay attention, and the need to back up certain things, and the possibility that utility update may not work in 2.1 since no has ever said they have performed after I asked for responses (so i either figure everyone did it manually, started a new database from the gitgo, or didn't respond if they were successful).

If after a few weeks of playing with a test forum in 2.1 or above I would suggest you then look at migration if you like it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• There is no listing for a database for oachegroup in phpmyadmin.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

if you can't find your database with phpmyadmin - maybe you could ask host for advice.

you didn't call your database vanilla? or some derivative?

• @DavidColburn said:
    There is no listing for a database for oachegroup in phpmyadmin.

Open your conf/config.php and your database name should be right in there

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

@underdog to the rescue. he thinks of things no one can....

• Well, duh, of course it is ... just wasn't obvious to me "van1".

There are 12 databases and there it was hiding at the bottom of the list!

I'm working on my second cup of coffee ... this may require a third ... Sigh.

Thanks!