Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Speed up Inform Message upon Login

kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have Inform Messages that pop up when a user has received questions to their answers. However, it usually takes around 1 minute to pop up on the bottom of the screen saying that answers have been received.

Is there a way to speed this up? Have the popup appear just a few seconds after sign on?

Plugin in Question: QnA

Using Vanilla 2.0.18.8

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The inform messages are shown whenever message stack changes. The stack changes whenever the polling JavaScript returns different messages.

IIRC, the default polling timeout is every minutes. You can change it with a configuration. I don't have the source code with me to find it, but you should be able to regex search for C\('.*poll.*'\) to figure out what it is.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I don't know if its a hot idea to speed it up, it might impact other things. just a guess, but if things appear to break down or performance suffers, you may know why.

all of this is conjecture though.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I would like for those Q's notifications to have an off switch after the answer has been given.....Maybe if you speed it up real fast, it will seem that way ;)