Looking To Hire A Developer (Symfony Integration + Plugin Creation)
I am redesigning my site and I want to have more integration between the forums and the main site. I want to do embedded comments like what the wordpress plugin allows, but obviously since my site isn't built on WP this will need to be custom integrated into symfony framework.
Also I want an upvote / downvote plugin created or forked from one of the current ones to allow the upvotes and downvotes to be applied to pages on my site and then on the user profile on the forums they would have a list of "pages they liked".
I reached out to BusinessDad with my requirements and he gave this outline of what I probably want done:
I think I understood what you would like to achieve. From what I see, it would require the following:
- Development of a Symfony plugin to integrate Vanilla comments.
- Development of a Symfony plugin to integrate Vanilla Like/Dislike function. Such plugin should allow to like/dislike a website post and/on forum discussion or comment (i.e. Users can like/dislike a book, and/or the comments left about it). A page on main website should show rating posted by the User on books (i.e. non-forum threads).
- Development of a Symfony plugin to integrate Vanilla notifications (as per your first post).
If the above is the correct, most of the development would have to be done on Symfony, for the following reasons:
- Vanilla already offers Comment embedding, it would be up to the main website to use it.
- Vanilla already offers a Like/Dislike plugin (i.e. the Kudos), which would not have to handle votes expressed against books ("books" don't exist in Vanilla, which would only handle the discussions about them). It would be up to Symfony to implement a book Like/Dislike and fetch the threads Like/Dislike from Vanilla.
- Vanilla 2.1 offers a "Me" module, which shows the User's toolbar with the notifications. There was a discussion about it, even though it offered a rudimentary solution.
He suggested I find a symfony dev but I am hoping that posting here will help me find someone who is familiar with both. All development that you do for me can be released open source for others to enjoy, there is no sense in me paying for something and then only me using it.