Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can't activate any plugins or themes in 2.1b1

2»

Comments

• Options

@hgtonight said:

@peregrine said: popularity isn't based on elegant solutions.

Truer words were never spoken :D

I know from experience :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@aery I've always found hosting to be a subjective topic. Some people will swear by some hosts and some swear at them. Here are ones I have used without issue: host gator, arvixe, Godaddy, and 1&1. It all really depends on your needs and budget, of course ;)

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited July 2013

@vrijvlinder said:
    :poop:

As I said @vrijvlinder... It's subjective :p I can even make a poop host work great ;p
    It also depends on needs and budget. Honestly never had issues with either.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

lol I know it is, I go with the host I can threaten to leave if they try to jack up the fee.
    Also , that has 24 hour tech phone support . And that keep it safe by not forcing people to chmod 777 . Also that they provide back up and are responsible if the server goes down.

There are statistics gathered about all this , one should try to find the one who fulfills these few things at the very least.

• Options

Could be apache (www) don't have permission to change conf. I've got MAMP and change in main window to run process as user instead apache www.