Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

To-do List 1.3

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
A new extension, based on basecamp's to-do list function. Tnx to immersion for the idea.

Download here: To-do List 1.3

To-do:
* Datepicker for selecting due date
* Notify user when task has expired
* Make list sortable (like categories)
* Multi role to-do items

Comments

• Options
    Why do you need a popup? Why not just replace the textbox with a lil calendar thing? (or add one next to it) Looks nice though.
  • Options
    you could use easily a div box that directly below the date field
  • Options
    I think this is the bomb: http://www.rainforestnet.com/datetimepicker.htm And it would be better if it opened in a floating div, say whenever the input box has focus or whatever.
  • Options
    Almost tasty enough to make me want to install vanilla!
  • Options
    nicely done.
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Nice work, this is going to make my project collaboration sites much nicer. You're the man.
  • Options
    Only two things left for me to add:
    * Datepicker for selecting due date
    * Notify user when task has expired
    * Make list sortable (like categories)
    lol
  • Options
    your a quick one :P
  • Options
    good job! I've just downloaded it and installed it on my forum. Once enabled, nothing changes. is there anything I could be doing wrong?
  • Options
    So totally stole my project i was gunna work on. You can repay me by teaching me how you made it.
  • Options
    Immersion... this was actually one of the hardest add-ons I've written... It has lots of ajax/javascripting... But I'll write a tutorial soon, how I start when writing an addon. Mark has some good documentation, but I could give some pointers :)
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    If I could request a fourth item to your list of 'two' things to add ;-) ... An optional % completed field (0-100%) per item would be helpful for my own needs. My site's users have large to-dos (it's a forum for home renovators...houseblogs.net) so one to-do can take several months. (Or a year in my own case...gotta finish that Cat-5 wiring project one of these days!)
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Nice idea houseinprogress :) I'll see if I can add such a thing
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Ok, I've uploaded a new version!! It includes a date picker and notification when a task expires

You can change the date format and date separator by editing the default.php file
  • Options
    Wow. Even 37signals don't have a due date for their lists!
  • Options
    Thats pretty darn sexy.
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    This extension looks really sweet, I've absolutely no use for it but I'm tempted to install it myself, it's bloody ace! Great job Jazzman :)
  • Options
    Another idea: Personal (other people can see them) and private (well...yeah) tasks. And maybe group tasks which can be managed by a selected team or role.
  • Options
    I was thinking about a personal vanilla install a while back, just for saving wee notes about stuff in different categories, that i could refer to later and search easily online. even more tempting given this extension!
  • Options
    the zip seems to be "damaged or currupt"
This discussion has been closed.