Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Scrolling Issue

I am in the process of creating a forum for my community and I've come across an issue. I've been heavily modifying my theme and I guess somewhere I've made a mistake as now I am unable to scroll up and down on pages in the forum. This is done with the bootstrap modification as a basis. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

URL: http://inanimateinsanity.com/forum/

Best Regards,

Vedi

Comments

• Options

Your theme looks great. Bootstrap 3 is in RC modus, so will almost be released. Will need some changes for your HTML though (span-8 will become something else for example).
    Maybe re-do the theme with Bootstrap 3 in mind?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Do you think it has to do with a property of the theme or something on the Vanilla side?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited August 2013

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

You need to look for an overflow: hidden; rule in your css files. AFAIK, that is the only way to disable scroll bars via css.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

it would help if you had some content to scroll.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited August 2013

@x00 said:
    it would help if you had some content to scroll.

Check out the activity page.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Well make the size of your window smaller.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Your content is in the navbar container and that is fixed. You need a closing div tag before your div class="container"

• Options

That was it, thank you so much! Didn't even see it.

• Options

@Vediovus said:
    Well make the size of your window smaller.

I was joking :D

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2013

Quite often when you have issue like this, running it through a validator is not a bad strategy. Then inspect the css.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I've run into another issue now I have a white bar that I can't seem to get rid of in between the navbar and the masthead.

Thanks for the help!

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

It was tougher this time... Look at your body: it has a padding. Your navbar is fixed and so it ignores this padding, but your logo does not ;-)