Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Self-Hosted Vanilla Down this Morning

2»

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited August 2013

What do you mean by hacked?

Assuming you haven't modified core files, you can safely overwrite the forum folder with a fresh set of files.

As always, backup before doing this or other editing of files.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Most of my PHP files had garbage written in the heading. I have modified core files, but have good documentation so I can fix them. I don't mind overwritting in order to get my site up.

• Options

Can I hire one of you to help me? I am unclear about overwritting my forum files. I don't want to mess up and loose my posts or connection to my db. It should not take a lot of time. I also need help getting my forum moved to GoDaddy... can anyone help me with that as well?

• Options

Ok, I have now restored all files from the 2.0.18.8 update. My site is still down. What else might be going on?