Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Nube Question: How do I login as admin?

jens1seojens1seo
edited August 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Ok yeah it sounds stupid but after a fresh instal of Vanilla, I cant log in.This is my first login and It does not recognize my user/password. How can I get in?
Help Im dead in the water.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

When you try to login, you should see a "forgot password" link (yourdomain/entry/passwordrequest)

• Options

What happened was my host provider hit the "install button" before I could set up a user/password on the install page. At least im pretty sure that happened during the help I got. Anyway I think the file has no user/password. Do you know which file I need to access to edit the admin user/pass?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

A user account is created during the initial install. If you can't request a new password through Vanilla, just re-install and fill the form out yourself this time :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

@jens1seo said:
    What happened was my host provider hit the "install button" before I could set up a user/password on the install page. At least im pretty sure that happened during the help I got. Anyway I think the file has no user/password. Do you know which file I need to access to edit the admin user/pass?

You would have to create a new user, and navigate to GDN_User on phpmyadmin ( most hosts should have this ). Then you need to select the row of your new user, edit then changing the value of Admin to 1

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

It is better not to use installer like simple scripts. They can have outdated version, without security fixes, you have no idea how well it handles the installation.

One memorable one had a bad fork, and the guy was asking how to get rid of a random feature, which wasn't an addon.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Hey thanks a million. I deleted the first vanilla install and did a clean install and I am rolling. That took care of the problem. Thanks for a quick response, much appreciated!