HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Different Time on Login and Logout

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi everybody,

Interesting thing i notice the first time. One of my forums delivers when logged in a different time than when logged out.
The difference is 6 hours. How could this be? scratch

I thought User-time isn't existing in Vanilla. :)
Thanx for tipps,
phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Options

It does. Where is your server based? US?

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited September 2013

Each user has a time offset stored in the user table (HourOffset). It is only set on user registration, AFAIK.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@x00: My server is in my timezone (also where the forum users belong to).

@hgtonight: Oha, i'll go check the Database. But the set on user registration is done automatically. Haven't ever experienced this. Mmmh!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

It depends on the server timezone setting when you are not logged in. The offset in the user table is "offset" from the user timezone. If the logout time is correct. You can reset the hour offset in the table to 0.

if the logout time is incorrect, you can use a kluge of a plugin called

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/timezoneadjust-plugin

it's a free to download, but it would be nice to get donations for my plugins, just as certain people advertise for premium themes and plugins, the money helps support development.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.