Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2.2.3.11 Error

LudwigLudwig
edited September 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I get Fatal error: Class 'DiscussantsModel' not found in /discussions/plugins/Discussants/class.discussants.plugin.php on line 226

When I run utility/structure I get:

The "DiscussantsPlugin" object does not have a "xStructure" method.
The error occurred on or near: /home/www/X/Y/public/discussions/library/core/class.pluggable.php
185:       // Make sure that $ActualMethodName exists before continuing:
186:       if (!method_exists($this, $ActualMethodName)) {
187:          // Make sure that a plugin is not handling the call
188:          if (!Gdn::PluginManager()->HasNewMethod($this->ClassName, $ReferenceMethodName))
189:             trigger_error(ErrorMessage('The "' . $this->ClassName . '" object does not have a "' . $ActualMethodName . '" method.', $this->ClassName, $ActualMethodName), E_USER_ERROR);
190:       }
191: 
192:       // Make sure the arguments get passed in the same way whether firing a custom event or a magic one.
193:       $this->EventArguments = $Arguments;

It's looking for the method, Structure, which is a private function in the plugin.php file...

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Ludwig : I try to look at that this afternoon. First thing I'd do would be to remove the word "private" before function. Maybe you can try that and give me feedback? That would be great!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J I had this same issue on my Discussion Polls plugin. Replacing the keyword private with public should fix this issue.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited September 2013

@hgtonight thanks for your advice! I've made every single function in this plugin public now and hope that it solved the issue.

@Ludwig Plugin and sources on github are updated now.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

A shout out to @shadowdare who filed the issue (and pull request) on my git repo. Thanks!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.