Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] I am unable to modify the default.master.tpl file

fahadkzfahadkz New
edited September 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi guys,

I am new to this community and also new the vanilla forums and I hope to get solutions from you guys. I have installed vanilla forum 2.0.18 and also have installed a theme vanillabootstrap but the issue I am facing is whenever I try changing default.master.tpl it does not change anything. I have no clue why. I tried adding a div which will contain a small message but it does not show up. So, please guys help me out with this one.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    fahadkzfahadkz New
    edited September 2013

@hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

in what directory are you modifying default.master.tpl

and post your change to your code.

and learn how to identify your version of vanilla properly, as well as theme version #, and clear your ini files in the cache directory when modifying themes.

There are several 2.0.18 versions. for the record you can find your version # here.

to find your vanilla version http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/191960/#Comment_191960

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I have installed 2.0.18.8 and as for the directory its in the views directory of the theme and for the code I will post it soon. But as you know I am new to this stuff so can you tell me how to clear the ini files? Do I delete them?

• Options

@fahadkz said:
    can you tell me how to clear the ini files? Do I delete them?

Yes, delete the .ini files. Did you download the VanillaBootstrap theme or get it from Github?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    fahadkzfahadkz New
    edited September 2013

I would like to give you every info needed it is as follows

Vanilla : 2.0.18.8

Theme : Bootstrap 1.1b-2.0 (Downloaded here and not from github)

Deleted ini files : Yes

Deleted files in compile directory : Yes

My modified master.tpl code

`
    <!DOCTYPE html>

{asset name='Head'}

<!-- LESS CSS and Prettify
    ================================================== -->

<link rel="stylesheet/less" type="text/css" href="/themes/VanillaBootstrap/design/less/main.less">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/themes/VanillaBootstrap/design/prettify/prettify.css">

<!-- Javascript

<script type="text/javascript" src="/themes/VanillaBootstrap/js/bootstrap.less.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/themes/VanillaBootstrap/js/bootstrap.main.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/themes/VanillaBootstrap/js/plugin.autosize.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/themes/VanillaBootstrap/js/vanilla.main.js"></script>

<!-- Google Prettify

<script type="text/javascript" src="/themes/VanillaBootstrap/design/prettify/prettify.js"></script>

<!-- Navbar

<div class="navbar navbar-fixed-top">
        <div class="navbar-inner">
            <div class="container">
                <a class="btn btn-navbar" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".nav-collapse">
                    <span class="icon-bar"></span>
                    </a>
                <a class="brand" href="{link path="/"}">{logo}</a>
                <div class="nav-collapse">
                    <ul class="nav">
                        <li class="DiscussionsLink"><a href="{link path="/discussions"}"><i class="icon-comments"></i> Discussions</a></li>
                        <li class="ActivityLink"><a href="{link path="/activity"}"><i class="icon-time"></i> Activity</a></li>
                        {if $User.SignedIn} 
                        <li>
                            <a href="{link path="messages/inbox"}"><i class="icon-inbox"></i> Inbox
                            {if $User.CountUnreadConversations} <span>{$User.CountUnreadConversations}</span>{/if}</a>
                        </li>
                        {/if}
                        {custom_menu}
                    </ul>

<ul class="nav pull-right">
                        {if $User.SignedIn}                     
                        <li class="divider-vertical"></li>
                        <li class="dropdown">
                            <a href="#" class="dropdown-toggle signOut" data-toggle="dropdown"><i class="icon-user"></i> {$User.Name}
                            {if $User.CountNotifications} <span>{$User.CountNotifications}</span>{/if} <b class="caret"></b></a>
                            <ul class="dropdown-menu">
                                <li class="nav-header">Welcome!</li>
                                <li>
                                    <a href="{link path="profile"}">Profile
                                    {if $User.CountNotifications} <span>{$User.CountNotifications}</span>{/if}</a>
                                </li>
                                {if CheckPermission('Garden.Settings.Manage')}
                                    <li><a href="{link path="dashboard/settings"}">Dashboard</a></li>
                                {/if}
                                <li class="divider"></li>
                                <li>
                                    {link path="signinout"}
                                </li>
                            </ul>
                        </li>
                        {/if}
                        {if !$User.SignedIn}                        
                        <li>
                            <a href="{link path="/entry/register"}"> 
                                <i class="icon-edit"></i> <b>Sign up</b>
                            </a>
                        </li>
                        <li class="divider-vertical"></li>
                        <li>
                            <a href="{link path="/entry/signin"}" class="SignInPopup">Have an account? 
                                <i class="icon-signin"></i> <b>Sign in</b>
                            </a>
                        </li>
                        {/if}
                    </ul>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>      

<!-- Container

<div class="container">