HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Icon and code

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is a great plugin! I liked it so much I made an icon for you. No pressure to use it. :D

Did I ever tell you how great it is you post your git repo information in the description? I am going to add that information to the descriptions on my plugins as I update them.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Thanks a lot - faster Icon delivery than @vrijvlinder, that's really impressive!

Alias is my favorite self-made-plugin. It has ridiculously few lines of code and so I have to say "Thanks!" to the Garden developers again.

I like GitHub because you can look at the code online and don't have to download and unzip the source by yourself.
    But the downside of GitHub is, that people don't have to download your code and so you can not be proud of every additional download in the addons section ;-)

• Options

@R_J said:
    But the downside of GitHub is, that people don't have to download your code and so you can not be proud of every additional download in the addons section ;-)

hgtonight downloads a copy

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

YEAH! 2 downloads in 20 minutes, that's gonna be the most downloaded addon ever!

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    hgtonight downloads a copy

@R_J said: But the downside of GitHub is, that people don't have to download your code and so you can not be proud of every additional download in the addons section ;-)

the other downside of github for some people (i.e. me). Ever since github modified their site. It takes forever to load (one of the slowest sites I've experienced - sometimes 5 minutes on my slow connection). And I can't download zip files (wget will not work with retries, and curl won't work either.). And the obvious download zip fails too.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine that's a shame: I really like browsing your code for reference! But I have downloaded every plugin that sounded useful and so I now have 114 plugins on my server to look at :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@R_J said:
    peregrine that's a shame: I really like browsing your code for reference! But I have downloaded every plugin that sounded useful and so I now have 114 plugins on my server to look at :)

I do much of the same.

I've downloaded every plugin by S, x00, tim todd and lincoln and a few others, as well as a smattering of other people's plugins. That is the basis from which I attempted to learn.

I will be adding @hgtonight and @shadowdare and @businessdad (if he adds more :) ) to my list of plugin authors (to download everything they write, because you can't avoid learning something from their code).

I also learned alot from @mcu_hq 's chocolate theme (very interesting) and plugins.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@R_J said:
    Thanks a lot - faster Icon delivery than vrijvlinder, that's really impressive!

lol , someone wants my Throne !! :(

• Options

@peregrine said:
    I will be adding @hgtonight and @shadowdare and @businessdad (if he adds more :) ) to my list of plugin authors (to download everything they write, because you can't avoid learning something from their code).

I wish there was an "aw shucks" reaction available for that. Maybe something like this:

Search first