Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing location of the forum and FileUpload images are still showing old location

Hi, I know I am forgetting to change some setting but I couldn't find an answer in the forum. So what did I miss? I changed from www.domain.com/forum to forum.domain.com. Do I need to change this setting: $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = ''; to http://forum.domain.com ? But I did that and it didn't worked. Yes I erased .ini files from cache. I am using 2.0.18.8.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Something strange is also happening. The url gets stuck in previous discussions.. What is happening?!?!

Help me Vanilla experts, you are my only hope! :)

• Options

I don't know what I need to do with this one... :/ It says that RewriteEngine is on though..

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please post the contents of the htaccess file here use the C button to make it come out nice.

If you changed the forum root it must change it also in the htaccess file.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>`

`RewriteEngine On`

`# Certain hosts may require the following line.`

`# If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.`

`# (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)`

`# RewriteBase /`

`RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d`

`RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f`

`RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]`

`</IfModule>

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

post your test

uncomment (remove the #) your RewriteBase and point it to the subdirectory where our forum is located, if you haven't already done so.

e.g. if in forum

RewriteBase /forum

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited September 2013

I don't know if this is important but the forum is now in a forum.domain.com location not in a subdomain.. so change it to

RewriteBase /forum.domain.com

huh?
    I am asking because I am afraid to do something that will do things terribly wrong..

• Options
    edited September 2013

ok so you

I changed from www.domain.com/forum to forum.domain.com.

That means you went from subdirectory to root

RewriteBase /

there should not be a # before that

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

rewrite base has to do with the folder you installed the forum (not your website url or domain)

if you installed the forum on your host in the root folder it should be

RewriteBase /

if you installed your forum on your host in /Vanilla

then

RewriteBase /Vanilla

if you installed your forum on your host in /forum

then

RewriteBase /forum

if you installed your forum on your host in /Who/What/Where

then

RewriteBase /Who/What/Where

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Yes and don't be afraid to mess it up, you can just fix it .

this is what the whole thing should look like

# Modified
    # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
       RewriteEngine On
       # Certain hosts may require the following line.
       # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
       # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
       RewriteBase /
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
    </IfModule>

• Options

I think that this solution doesn't solve the problem in an embedded forum, does it?

Links work just fine in root directory (without forcing redirect). But inside wordpress (with forced redirect option), opening a discussion in a new tab ends in the embedded vanilla homepage and the address bar still shows the link of the discussion.

• Options
    edited September 2013

embedded url = www.domain.com/forum/

real url = forum.domain.com

previously real url = www.domain.com/forum1

• Options

make sure this link is right in the config.php

$Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['RemoteUrl'] = 'http://forum.domain.com/';

• Options

RemoteUrl is www.domain.com/forum/

which is what I describe as embedded url and I hope to remain the same before and after the server change. The only thing that I want to change is the original directory of the vanilla.
    Nevertheless, I changed it and the forum now isn't embedded any more..

• Options
    edited September 2013

ok try adding this , change true to false or vise versa see which works

$Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['ForceRemoteUrl'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['RemoteUrl'] = 'this url is the url of where it is embedded';

for example if embedded in a blog like I did here the link is for the page where it is embedded

http://www.vrijvlinder.com/blog/forum/

let me put it another way

your stand alone forum is in forum.domain.com/

You copied the embedded code into a page in www.domain.com/ and the link to it goes to forum/ ?

so the embed url would in fact be www.domain.com/forum/

• Options
    edited September 2013

That is the way I had it and it works the right way with

$Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['ForceRemoteUrl'] = '1';

$Configuration['Plugins']['EmbedVanilla']['RemoteUrl'] = 'http://www.domain.com/forum

But opening a random discussion link in a new tab opens the unembedded discussion and then redirects to www.domain.com/forum/ (in safari) or www.domain.com/forum/url of the discussion (in firefox). In each case the content that it shows is the Vanilla homepage.

• Options

I can of course give you the url to see exactly what is happening.

saxolist.com/planet/

real vanilla url: planet.saxolist.com

• Options
    edited September 2013

there seems to be a conflict . Do you have another htaccess file in http://www.domain.com/forum ?

When it re routs , does it open a new window? or refreshes in the same window ?

remember to clear the cache files ini files etc every time you make a change

• Options

www.domain.com/forum (or saxolist.com/planet in my case) is the remote url so there isn't actually a folder for a .htaccess file to exists.
    It refreshes in the same window.

I think I wasn't very clear about it so pls visit www.saxolist.com/planet and try to open a discussion in a new tab...

• Options

As you might see any fileUpload image has the saxolist.com/forum/upload address which now should be planet.saxolist.com/upload.

I don't know if the two problems are related but both happened after the change in the directory of the forum