Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing location of the forum and FileUpload images are still showing old location

2»

Comments

• Options

these upload links are in your database, however you could route them internally, or change them by query.

The embed page that the forum are obvious in different locations, the forum itself is suing the subdomian. The embed page is a page in you CMS.

You are using the same name.

Did you really want a subdomain?

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That could be the reason why the images do not show, you may need some more redirect rules

look at this discussion and apply it to your htaccess file but in reverse. He moved from forum.domain.com to a subdirectory .Similar to you I think.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20680/moved-forum-to-subdomain-possible-to-redirect-with-vanilla-routes

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2013

I think he has sorted the sub-domain @vrijvlinder, and as long as it is working it not that important as it is embedded anyway.

You could either route /forum as an internal redirect or change hard data. You can't use permanent/external redirect, especially in the case of posting, you you could do at the exclusion of posting.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes , about the links to the images in the posts, those would need to be edited manually or re uploaded or redirected . Even if you copied over the uploaded images into the uploads folder, that does not change the posted links to the old images.

x00 is better at redirecting than I .... maybe he can come up with a rule for you to permanently redirect those links

• Options

Well forum and wordpress couldn't no longer be under the same roof... At least in a hard data way! So internal redirect sounds as a wonderful idea!!! At least if does successfully solve both my problems and it doesn't create any new... Long shot?

• Options

By the way, a HUUUUGE thanks for your help already!!

• Options

Well forum and wordpress couldn't no longer be under the same roof

So they are on different servers?

In that case you are probably best changign the url in the database

Backup your database!

then run

UPDATE GDN_Discussion 
    SET Body = REPLACE(Body, 'http://www.saxolist.com/forum/uploads', '/uploads') 
    WHERE Body LIKE '%forum/uploads%';

UPDATE GDN_Comment 
    SET Body = REPLACE(Body, 'http://www.saxolist.com/forum/uploads', '/uploads') 
    WHERE Body LIKE '%forum/uploads%';

grep is your friend.

• Options

It worked without any problem! Thank you!

@x00 said:

The embed page that the forum are obvious in different locations, the forum itself is suing the subdomian. The embed page is a page in you CMS.

You are using the same name.

Did you really want a subdomain?

Since forum and CMS needed to be in different servers, putting Vanilla in a subdomain seemed as the right solution. Was any other possibility?

So now how can I prevent the forum from suing the subdomain? I know I must change something but I haven't figure it out yet..
    Since the problem is created only by the url of the embedded page (right?) what if

1. I have an external embedded page at planet.saxolist.com (how?) and redirect to saxolist.com/planet internally?

2. I am thinking about it...

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2013

I explained that in you post the links are simply wrong. When I changed them manually I was able to point to the image. So either you change them in your database (see above), or you do a server rule to redirect them. I think to change them in the database is neater, just backup first.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I think I have confused you or I am totally confused myself. Images now work just perfect!!! The SQL statements you gave me worked, thanks!

But there is a second problem I also described. (Perhaps I needed to open a new discussion?) Anyway, if you open a random discussion in a new tab it gets you to the homepage of the forum.
    e.g. from here saxolist.com/planet/ try to open the first discussion in a NEW tab. OR open it from here: http://planet.saxolist.com/index.php?p=/discussion/49/the-savoir-vivre-for-our-planet . You'll see that you will finally land in the homepage and not to destined page.

• Options

It's redirecting people to the page on your site where you have the Vanilla embed, but it's not passing along the link to the discussion, right?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2013

@ChristianSino

try setting

$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;

in your /conf/config.php

grep is your friend.

• Options

@Shadowdare Exactly! First it shows the correct unembedded page and then it tries to embed but it lands on Vanilla Homepage. On firefox it even shows the correct ulr on the address bar!

@x00

I changed the setting, deleted .ini files from cache, but still it doesn't seem to work.

• Options

@x00, I found a solution you proposed in another post:
    "The best way to "embed" is not to embed at all.

Simply create a blank wordpress page. Then in your .htaccess, route that url to your forum. Style appropriately."

Is this appropriate in my situation?
    Is this the command?

RewriteRule ^(/wordpress-page) http://planet.saxolist.com$1 [L,R=301]