Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Emails to hotmail address are not received

Hi,

When a user uses a hotmail address as signup information, emails from vanilla are not received by Hotmail. Not even in the junk-box. I could not even sign up to this forum, since I would not receive an email from http://vanillaforums.org/ to Hotmail. Apparantly there is something really wrong.

Comments

• vanilla-core-2-0-18-8.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

First things first... welcome to the community!

Secondly, double check the email address was entered correctly.

Thirdly, try using an SMTP server instead of the built-in mailer.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight thanks mate! I have tried a smtp server without security. Account verifications to a hotmail address were not received.

If I change the user from 'confirm email' role to 'member' role and reset the password, the password is received properly. I do not know if this is a sudden occurrence so I have to test this properly.

Will update.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Did you import your data from and old forum?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.