Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

API key

Hi. I am running Vanilla 2.1 Beta 2 and I came across this. When I go into the dashboard and go to statistics, I seem to be missing keys from the stats. I need assistance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Can I use old Application ID and Application Secrets from Vanilla 2.0.18.8?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You should be able to.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I'm gonna have to find a way to work around my host since I am under no mood to pay for your hosting just to get that.

• Options

Nope. I tried it on another web hosting account I use and i copied over the Application ID and Application Secret from Vanilla 2.0.18.8 to Vanilla 2.1 Beta 2 and the stats keys are going crazy. When I save it, when I exit and go back, it wipes it away.

• Options

Are you sure Vanilla 2.1 Beta 2 allows the keys or do I have to wait for Vanilla 2.1 Final Release.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I, personally, disable statistics so I couldn't tell you.

Also, I am not affiliated with nor employed by Vanilla Inc. in any way.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@hgtonight said:
    I, personally, disable statistics so I couldn't tell you.

Also, I am not affiliated with nor employed by Vanilla Inc. in any way.

hg is just a

• mere volunteer

• ace plugin creator and code guru,

• question answerer,

• moderator, and

• welcomer,

• and he is slowly moving into icon design for plugins for those of us that are artistically disadvantaged.

(with patience and politeness).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

OK. I appreciate your help. I will use Vanilla Statistics when the final is out. @peregrine BTW, I really love your addons. I am using your Friendships and some other plugins. I rate your 10/10!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@ilovetech said:

@peregrine BTW, I really love your addons. I am using your Friendships and some other plugins. I rate your 10/10!

the plugin you listed is not my plugin.

however, any other you may be using that lists me as the author would indeed be mine:).
    thanks though.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.