Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

About "RandomImages" plugin

I have a question regarding this plugin : "RandomImages". I see it shows any images he finds on the forum. But can I specify a certain folder where he can take the images?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Hello!

The short answer is no. I wrote the Random Images plugin for a user that had a specific need. He wanted to show images from discussions in the sidebar. Since it scrubs the discussion model, there is no framework in place to read images in from a folder.

The long answer is yes. You could modify the plugin to do it. I would suggest you look in to a plugin like Galleries by @vrijvlinder. It can be used to load images from a folder.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Ok. So, for this function, I may need another script, right? I like the plugin and I was wondering if that's possible.Thanks for your answer.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Time, money, and determination get things done. You need 2 of them, but having all 3 makes life easier. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@cheilenereinfo

when you post a question about a specific plugin - it would ge great if you post it under the plugin discussions - it is easier to find and better ettiquette.

Time, money, and determination get things done

precisely. hard to fathom for the non-coder. that it takes time and monetary support for plugin developers could get more plugins for the community, as well as premium (pay as you go) plugins.

You need 2 of them, but having all 3 makes life easier. :D

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/180042/#Comment_180042

no pledges

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Wise advice. Thanks peregrine. I'll see what I can do with only one of those. :D