Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there an easy way to upgrade to Vanilla 2.0.18.8?

I am currently running version 2.0.18.4 and would like to upgrade to the latest 2.0.18.8. My problem is that I have made many customization on the forum that reside on various files (I do not have a list of affected files). If I just replace the current version with the latest, I will simple loose those custom changes. My question is: without doing detailed files/folders comparison, how can I find out which files have changed between 2.0.18.4 and 2.0.18.8 and can I upgrade by just replacing those file (instead of overwriting the entire folder)?
Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Very very few files have changed. We had couple of discussions regarding those files and they might be in the actual announcement.

Other thing you can do is compare the releases on github

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Modifying core files is not recommended for this reason alone.

Best course of action: isolate your changes into plugins, a custom theme, and locales. Then just upload a fresh install of 2.0.18.8.

It might be easier to diff your current codebase against a fresh copy of 2.0.18.4, generate a patch, and apply that patch against a fresh copy of 2.0.18.8.

Either way will require work but I still recommend using plugins rather than core modifications. If you absolutely need to change a core file, use some type of version control system that will let you track changes and update easily.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.