Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

New discussion button displayed while disconnected

2»

Comments

• Options

If one site is a clone of the other site, will there be troubles with sessions / cookies across both sites?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    rjadotrjadot New
    edited September 2013

@x00 thanks I'm going to dive into permissions then :) Will be back if I find something, or at the contrary am totally lost.
    Furthermore, my colleague gave me a hint with this thread.

@UnderDog After several tests, this configurations have seemed to work perfectly (English forum example):

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = 'something_different_for_each_language';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = 'forums.openmandriva.org';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Path'] = '/en';

• Options

[Split if needed]
    Let me ask you something else... Mandriva is a linux variation, right? Is there some chance that you can set up a virtual PC with Mandriva, Vanilla, git and some development tools?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@UnderDog if you mean make some virtualization thanks to VMware, libvirt, Xen yes it's possible, Virtuozzo not yet, we need to work on the kernel for it.

All usual dev tools, included Git, are available through the repos.

About OpenMandriva Lx (the name of the distribution), it's the continuity of Mandriva Linux, as the company Mandriva SA stopped producing a Desktop Linux distro, and gave its resources to the non-profit association OpenMandriva, created for this purpose :)

The first release of OMLx is still in beta, however.

• Options

I have found the problem. In fact it was a double problem, one hiding the other. For a strange reason, after the migration, the databases GDN_Permission and GDN_UserRole were borked.
    So not only Guest (role 2) had the right to start a discussion, but user 0 was associated with role 8 (member) instead of role 2 (guest).

This is the end of hours of research :)

• Options

It's seems my colleague found the user role problem even before me, if I had read my mail, I may have earn one hour :p

• Options

There should never be a UserID 0, the GND_User table.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 The problem was not in GDN_User, but in GDN_UserRole in which, in a newly configured instance of Vanilla Forums, the user 0 (which is not in the table GDN_User) i associated with the role 2 (Guest).

• Options

good

grep is your friend.

• Options

Same problem for me - I'd done an export/import using the porter tool so maybe this was to blame?

Not sure but changing the User 0 associated role to 2 fixed it (mine was set to 3)

I guess this happens when you re-allign the roles and permissions.