Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

title colors

jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

is any plugin here can change the color of the discussion title from vanilla_categories_index page?

Comments

• Options

Well... No. But I do have a specialized version of my Netro Theme that allows for FORUM TITLE change of colors. If you like one, just message me and I'll be sure to get those to you. But Discussion Titles, Just tell me the color you want for discussion titles AND the banner if you want them.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@jeongwee said:
    is any plugin here can change the color of the discussion title from vanilla_categories_index page?

@jeongwee
    its high time you attempt to learn and write one yourself. Don't you think you could slowly pick up the skills, even if you don't know at this point in time. but I don't think you need a plugin just a css change.

edited.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

upon rereading your question. what exactly do you want to do and when.

screenshot examples. low resolution would be perfect.

just use css in your them when on category page change the anchor title for discussions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@ilovetech said: Well... As I know, no, But I do have a specialized version of my Netro Theme that
    allows for FORUM TITLE change of colors. If you like one, just message me and I'll be sure to get
    those to you. But Discussion Titles, Just tell me the color you want for discussion titles AND the banner if you want them.

I wasn't able to, although I am able to change the banner of links color (you know, Dashboard, Discussions, Activity, Sign Out, {UserName}

• Options

And @peregrine or @anyone_else_who_knows

How does vanillaforums.org have the > feature of quoting when my forum doesn't have it? Is it a addon? Don't dare tell me again it's "vanillaforums.com"

• Options

i mean like this ,
    color and font-weight changer for moderator and admin.

pic.jpg 127.8K
  • Options

I'll try and do my best to do a font change implement inside my theme. I'll be Netro Theme 2.1 Specialized Edition and I will try. Now, going through this theme will take a lot of time, so expect it done in at LEAST one or two days.

• Options

you could easily modify the roletitle plugin or the rolesignature plugin

add css based on role.

• Options

you could easily modify the roletitle plugin or the rolesignature plugin

add css based on role.

• Options
    edited October 2013

not by default.
    i mean for ppl who have perssion to manage the categories.
    like moderator and admin ,they allowed to change the color and font-weight of titles by click on somewhere,even which one not post by them.
    well if theres don hv this plugin or nearly plugin for modify, forget it.

• Options

I haven't tried can you insert style changes in discussion title. you can do it in signatures, haven't tried titles - it might be filtered out.

<span style="font-size:12px">

• Options
    edited October 2013

@peregrine I know this isn't related to the topic, but how in blazes are you supposed to use markdown in vanilla?

• Options

yea,i tryed just now, its been filtered out.

• Options

No. I know HOW to use Markdown. I want to know how to implement it

• Options

I know this

@jeongwee said: Good Morning!

• Options

Good Morning too :(

• Options

That's a test

• Options

i know :)

• Options

NO. you would need to write a new plugin.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited October 2013

So what you want is :

options toggle with color and font weight option items and each discussion would have one so moderators or admin can change those at will. And the options would only show to mods and admin.

Things you would likely need :

How to hook into the edit function for discussions and add to it the color change options.

How to create the color change options? CSS style sheets with the possible variables for each option.

Then call the specified style sheet to override the page style. example:

If option 1 is selected where the font weight is x and color x, then that style sheet would be called.

The easiest thing would be to allow them to be able to add style to the title when they edit.

Title
    <span style="color:red;">Title</span>

That text box for the title would need to also format as the editor does. So in a way maybe what you want is to attach an editor to the text input box for the Title of each discussion.

Another option is to selectively allow the use of <style> in the discussion and add the corresponding css of the title there to change it.

This would be more hack than anything and I am not sure you can selectively allow the use of certain html tags only for a few.

You could possibly add some css to the theme to make the titles different colors on a permanent basis. Or js

$('ul.DataList li:first-child > a.Title ').css({ color:red;font-size:16px;font-weight:bold });
         $('ul.DataList li:nth-child(2) > a.Title ').css({ color:blue;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold  });
        $('ul.DataList li:nth-child(3) > a.Title ').css({ color:green;font-size:18px;font-weight:bold  });

or

<style>
          ul.DataList li:first-child > a.Title {
            color: blue;
            font-weight: bold;
          }
          ul.DataList li:nth-child(2) > a.Title {
            color: red;
          }
          </style>

<script>
        var title = $( " ul.DataList li:first-child > a.Title" ).text( "title" );
        $( " ul.DataList li:nth-child(2) > a.Title" ).text( "title" );
        </script>

http://api.jquery.com/css/

http://www.w3schools.com/jquery/css_css.asp