Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Database name

Guys, i changed the database name using the function operation, now my forum wont work!

Yes i know, I'm stupid, didn't write it down, have several databases on same host and thought i was chaning another one.

Now im no mysql expert, how do i find out what it was previously and/or change it back

Comments

• Give me your /conf/config.php with passwords and other private info blanked out

• And what host do you use?

• TamaTama ✭✭✭

I'd look in phpmyadmin for the database with tables that have the prefix "GDN_"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• whu606whu606 MVP
    edited October 2013

Don't give anyone your conf/config.php info!

However, that is where you will find your old db name and pw.

Change back your DB to that name, or edit the config.php to show the new name, and you should be fine.

You will probably need to clear the .ini files (NOT folders) from cache, as well.

• To tell which is your vanilla database, it usually has the first three letters consonants of the app

vnl_

Not sure you can make up just any name for the database.

• OK. Well, change your config.php and DON'T give it to me.

• @ilovetech said:
    Give me your /conf/config.php with passwords and other private info blanked out

@whu606 said:
    Don't give anyone your conf/config.php info!

It is best to post your config.php file with all the private information removed, so everyone can help and gain insight. I don't think he (ilovetech) was being malicious and his (whu606) advice is solid.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight That's what I was thinking, so what should he do? I mean, the best way to help is if we all see his /conf/config.php and I'm not even trying to be malicious. Besides, @magimp It'll be A LOT more helpful and this problem would get solved even more quicker with the config.php file with the private info blanked out.