Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Comment section is hiding the footer

Hi,

We have a small issue that the Comment section is hiding the footer! We investigate and no luck :(. This occurred after some CSS changes. The default.master.php file was left untouched.

Please refer to the screenshot below

Answers

• Options

Vanilla 2.0.18.4

Custom theme based on vanilla's default theme

forum.strukts.com

Thanks @vrijvlinder and @hgtonight in advance

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I really like the overall aesthetic of your site :D

How is your footlinks div being inserted?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thank you

In the default.master.php file which is located inside the custom theme folder.

I will extract the code and post it here

• Options

Ah, well you said in your first post that you didn't touch the master template file, so I was assuming you used something like pockets.

I await your upload/paste of the default.master.php file.

P.S. If you are having trouble posting it, I suggest using a service like pastebin.com and just linking it here.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Ah, well you said in your first post that you didn't touch the master template file, so I was assuming you used something like pockets.

I await your upload/paste of the default.master.php file.

P.S. If you are having trouble posting it, I suggest using a service like pastebin.com and just linking it here.

Yeah, thats correct. I didnt touch the default.master.php file during the CSS changes!

I tried to paste the links in pckets, but I found the same result :(

The default.master.php file is here: http://itrnsfr.com/it-download/?96da2f590cd7246bbde0051047b0d6f7/a51ee8f363d8178467c7677e48d1f3e0/3LkJk

• Options

I would suggest moving your footlinks div to right after the ?> after the line $this->RenderAsset('Foot');. This will put all the links in the properly styled footer element you have.

Once you get this sorted, I noticed a few other things that are probably causing performance issues.

Search first

• Options

See now :(

• Options

I moved the footer links from under ?> to be after $this->RenderAsset('Foot'); but the page loaded with Error line Parse....

Then moved down a little bit and no luck. However, I really appreciate that you registered and investigate the problem inside the default.master.php file @hgtonight

• Options

Be sure to clear the /cache folder of it's files (leave the folders) to see any updates to your master views.

Search first

• Options

I moved the footer links from under ?> to be after $this->RenderAsset('Foot'); but the page loaded with Error line Parse....

Then moved down a little bit and no luck

parse error - means you typed something wrong when you made the changes.

suggest you do what you said you would do and post your modified snippet of default.master.tpl

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please Make me a an account called TestUser with password test so I can view it then after you can delete the account.

it is hard to diagnose the problem unless I see it live.

• Options

Done and login details sent to you :)

• Options
    edited October 2013

Ok thanks for that I saw what you need and here is the fix replace these blocks of code in your custom.css

.footlinks {
        font-size: 14px;
        text-align: center;
        font-weight: bold;
        color:#ccc;
        margin-top: 10px;
        position: relative;
        top: 290px;
        padding-bottom: 50px;
        }
        .MessageForm, .Tabs, .Headings {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #fbfbfb;
        border-bottom: 1px solid #fbfbfb;
        display: block;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 5px 8px;
        height: 55px;
        top: 100px;
        }
    .MessageForm .Tabs {
    padding: 0;
    border: 0;
    background: none;
    text-align: left;
    top: -5px;
    }

• Options
    edited October 2013

You actually have an html error in the master that is why the positioning is off.

You need to add the bottom menu like this below the first Foot div, Here I created a new div called FootMenu yours is called footlinks, but this is an example of how I aded a foot menu. Please notice where everything is.You can use this model to create your php links just replace the names and path

<div id="Foot">
    <div id="FootMenu">

<?php
                      $Session = Gdn::Session();
                        if ($this->Menu) {

$this->Menu->AddLink('Home', T('Home'), '/');
                         $this->Menu->AddLink('Activity', T('Activity'), '/activity');
                         $this->Menu->AddLink('Categories', T('Categories'), 'categories/all');
                         $this->Menu->AddLink('Discussions', T('Discussions'), '/discussions');
                         $this->Menu->AddLink('Mobile View', T('Mobile View'), 'profile/mobile');
                         $this->Menu->AddLink('Privacy', T('Privacy'), 'plugin/PrivacyNotice');

echo $this->Menu->ToString();
                        }
                    ?>

</div><br><div class="Search"><p><?php
                        $Form = Gdn::Factory('Form');
                        $Form->InputPrefix = '';
                        echo 
                            $Form->Open(array('action' => Url('/search'), 'method' => 'get')),
                            $Form->TextBox('Search'),
                            $Form->Button('Go', array('Name' => '')),
                            $Form->Close();
                    ?></p></div>
    <?php $this->RenderAsset('Foot'); 

echo Wrap(Anchor(T('Powered By Vanilla'), C('Garden.VanillaUrl'),array('target' => '_blank')), 'div');  

?>  
          </div>
       </div>